Surveying firms and other professional firms and businesses are set to benefit after insurance experts Howden joined the Bristol boom by opening a new office in the heart of the city.
Bristol has long been a major hub for the insurance sector, which has enabled Howden to build a knowledgeable and experienced team of individuals, ensuring that client policies will be in very capable hands.
It is just the latest boost for business in a city which is thriving despite difficult economic conditions nationally.
Millions of pounds are being pumped into the region with a range of ambitious building projects in the pipeline as the area continues to attract new investment.
Last year The Sunday Times named Bristol as the best place to live in Britain in 2017  and concentrated its praise not just on the city’s geography and quality of life but also on its business acumen. 
It said, for instance, that although Bristol faced stiff competition from London for the title, one of its key offerings was the jobs market which offered ‘lots of glamorous, creative, hi-tech and professional’ roles.
Howden’s Bristol office is expected to become one of its largest regional operations and will further expand Howden’s UK footprint, which now spans 500 employees across 13 offices. That makes it one of the biggest independent players in the UK insurance market.
Howden has appointed Mark Westgarth to launch and develop the Bristol business, which will initially support all forms of professional services; with surveyors being a particular focus. Westgarth has 30 years of experience in the local insurance market, most recently as Managing Director of Specialty at Bluefin.
Chris Evans, CEO of Howden UK explained: “The quality and maturity of Bristol’s local insurance market, its vibrant business community, and the strength of the local economy make it the obvious location for Howden’s expansion in the South-West.” 
Howden aims to be more than just an insurance broker to its clients. It is a trusted advisor able to provide a range free of added value services. These include:
- Legal advice helpline, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Legal services website
- Tax Advice helpline
- Counselling advice helpline
- HR and Health & safety advice
- Cost savings/procurement review
Howden is renowned for its Professional Indemnity advice but the additional services and consultancy extras offered in Bristol mean businesses in the surveying sector can access information which not only helps them manage risk but also aids growth and prosperity.
Other insurance products offered in by the team include:
- Office Insurance - to protect your premises, possessions and income in the event of an unfortunate incident
- Cyber Liability Insurance - to protect your client data especially in light of new EU regulation this year, as well as cyber threats to your business
- Management Liability Insurance - to protect individual directors and the firm itself from claims for mis-management, as well as employment practice claims
- Crime Insurance - to protect your business from financial crime including social engineering.
 The Sunday Times