Fund Management Liability Insurance Solutions.
We are one of the few insurance brokers to have developed in-house insurance contracts designed specifically to respond to the liability issues faced by the managers and directors of funds.
The structures employed in utilising a fund’s assets can be complex, as too are the claims the group and individuals can face; specialist insurance is therefore essential.
The provision of management liability insurance products for fund vehicles and investment managers is one of our core areas of expertise. Our bespoke products, which have been developed in house over more than 12 years, cover claims arising from wrongful acts on the part of corporate entities and their directors and officers, regulatory, crime and employment liability issues
on and off shore.
- Errors and omissions cover
- Cover for loss of documents including costs and expenses in replacing or restoring such documents
- Cover for forged securities and fraudulent instructions by employees
- Expenses are covered for official investigations (FCA), Ombudsman and other legal fees
- Cover of mitigation costs – primarily for trade errors
- AIFMD compliant policy by a legally approved endorsement
The policy provides for full advancement of cost and expenses:
- Incurred in investigating and defending claims
- Associated with an investigation, examination or other proceedings ordered or commissioned by any official body or institution
- Incurred in defending criminal proceedings up to a final adjudication of guilt
- Incurred in challenging and resisting extradition proceedings
The policy also covers an extension to provide an additional limit of indemnity to each director and officer in the event of total exhaustion of the policy.
In the event of a director leaving the Board and the Board of Directors deciding not to renew the cover, the previous director who was not party to that decision will be covered for an additional 72 month ‘run-off’ cover.
We consider claims throughout the entire client journey, from initial policy selection to final claim resolution. It is not just when a loss occurs that our claims expertise applies, it is an inherent part of everything that we do.
Our claims specialists work alongside our sector teams to ensure that they are an integral part of the client relationship. By handling claims in-house we are able to guarantee a consistent level of service and responsiveness, which everyone is committed to.